Famous People who have used Hypnosis
Posted by The Essence of You - Holistic Therapy and Coaching on Saturday, July 2, 2022 Under: Hypnotherapy
The following is a list of famous people who have used hypnosis to aid them in life:
- Mozart (1756-91) apparently composed the famous opera Cosi Fan Tutte while hypnotised.
- Rachmaninov (1873-1943) composed his Piano Concerto No 2 following hypnotic suggestion.
- Goethe (1749-1832) writer and scientist and Chopin (1810-1849) pianist and composer both took classes in hypnosis at the University of Strasbourg.
- Louis XVI of France appointed a committee to investigate the healing powers of 'mesmerism'.
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson (1809-92) repeated names to himself as a hypnotic mantra in order to access different states of consciousness in which whole poems came to him.
- Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud developed modern psychiatry as a result of learning about (and practicing) hypnosis.
- Thomas Edison inventor, Henry Ford car manufacturer, Albert Einstein physicist, and Aldous Huxley novelist, all used trance states to develop their ideas.
- Jackie Kennedy-Onassis used hypnotherapy to 'relive and let go of' tragic events in her life.
- Rock star Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits reportedly beat his smoking habit through hypnosis.
- Film actor/director Kevin Costner flew his personal hypnotist to Hawaii to cure his sea sickness during the making of the film "Waterworld".
- Tennis great Jimmy Connors used hypnosis to win the U.S. Open Championship.
- Tiger Woods' mental coach, Jay Brunza hypnotizes him to block out distractions and focus on the golf course.
- Champion golfer Jack Nicklaus claims that his success is entirely owed to practicing concentration and visualisation.
- Actor Sylvester Stallone after using a hypnotist finally got the courage to submit his "Rocky" script to a major Hollywood producer and while on location "would lie down and listen to a specially made subconscious motivation tape".
- Actor Matt Damon quit a 16 year smoking habit after three sessions of hypnosis.
- Actor Drew Barrymore and singers Britney Spears and Billy Joel quit smoking through hypnosis.
- Actor Anthony LaPaglia quit smoking in four sessions with a hypnotherapist.
- Irish boxing heavyweight champion Kevin McBride uses a hypnotist to prepare him for fights.
- Celebrities Brad Pitt, Ashton Kutcher, Courtney Cox, David Arquette, Roger Daltry, Justin Timberlake, Charlize Theron, Ellen Degeneres, Drew Barrymore, Ben Affleck, Samuel L. Jackson, Winona Ryder used hypnosis to quit smoking.
- Former singer Helen Reddy (I am Woman) is now a practising clinical hypnotherapist based in Sydney and is patron of the Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists.
- Olympic record breaker and Gold Medalist Steve Hooker used hypnosis to help him win the pole vault event in Beijing.
- US Karate champion Billy Finnegan used hypnosis to overcome his fear of competing following a serious injury. He now considers his hypnotherapist his "secret weapon".
- US shooting team members and Olympic Gold medal winners, Vincent Handcock and Glen Eller attribute their success to work they did with their hypnotherapist / performance coach.
In : Hypnotherapy
Tags: hypnotherapy famous people who have used hypnosis